Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Proverbs 31 woman - Post 5

Day 5 – Prov 31:14

"She is like the merchant ships, she brings her food from afar."
- (New Kings James Version)

One of the things I love about the Bible is how practical it is. I admit it was hard to wrap my head around this verse, but I think I cracked it - feel free to write back to tell me what you think.

The first thing that comes to mind is the word "entertaining," as in guests. In other words, she is, in simple terms, well-rounded or cultured, if you prefer. She understand that, as we've been seeing as a reoccurring point, we are not to live sedentary lifestyles, but to pursue life. After all, the more we learn, the more we realize we don't know, and all the more we find ourselves in awe of our wonderfully brilliant Creator.

So, your task today: discover life. Look at something from a new perspective. Dare to try new things. Open your mind and you open your eyes to see new wonders to enjoy. God made this world for your pleasure. Seek out its beauty. Be inquisitive and you'll, as always ...

showcase your true beauty.

God bless,
Alisha

No comments: